1. Kɪʟʟer Whale
Interesting Facts About Kɪʟʟer Whales
- The ᴋɪʟʟer whale is the largest member of the dolphin family. They can be 7 to 9 meter in length and almost 5500 kg in weight. Kɪʟʟer whales are also known as orcas and among one of the most widely distributed animals in the world. They found on every oceans around the world.
- Orcas are one of the ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest apex ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs on Earth. They have no ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs in the ocean. They only ʜᴜɴᴛ by humans.
- Kɪʟʟer whales are called so beᴄᴀᴜsᴇ this powerful ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀ ʜᴜɴᴛ large ocean crᴇᴀᴛures such as seals, dolphins, sharks and even other whales.
- Orcas are ᴇxᴛʀᴇᴍᴇly social and live in groups called ‘pods’. Each pod contains up to 40 whales. They produce distinctive noise to communicate with each other.
- Orcas are one of the smartest living ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀʟs on Earth. Each orca group or pods have known to use some special type of communication and ʜᴜɴᴛing techniques. Interestingly, such techniques are passed across generations.
Interesting Facts About Tigers
- Reaching a length about 3.3 meters and weigh over 300 kg, the tiger is the largest member of cat family called Felidae. Bengal tiger, Siberian tiger, Malayan tiger, Indoᴄʜɪɴᴇsᴇ tiger, Sumatran tiger and South China tiger are the living subspecies of tiger. Tigers live in rainforests, grasslands and swamps across the Asian continent.
- Uɴfᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇly, the Sumatran tiger and South China tiger are in the verge of ᴇxᴛɪɴᴄᴛion and other four ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴing subspecies of tigers are also enᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀed. Haʙɪᴛat ʟᴏss, ᴘᴏᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ, and fragmentations are the main ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ to tigers.
- Tigers are definitely among the most beautiful animals on Earth. They have a very muscular body and a long tail. Their beautiful fur comes in different color variations including orange, brown, gray or snowy color with black stripes.
- Tigers are top of their food chain and have no natural ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs. They are solitary ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs and ʜᴜɴᴛ mostly at night. Tigers have excellent night vision which help them white nocturnal ʜᴜɴᴛing. Their ᴅɪᴇt includes wild pigs, deer, water buffalo, monkeys, hares, and crocodiles.
3. Grᴇᴀᴛ White Shark
Interesting Facts About Grᴇᴀᴛ White Sharks
- Among the most ᴅᴇᴀᴅliest sea crᴇᴀᴛures. Most of the shark ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋs reported around the world have been linked to grᴇᴀᴛ white sharks. Measuring 4-6 meters in length and almost 2.6 ton in weight, the grᴇᴀᴛ white sharks are also the largest ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀy fish on Earth.
- This ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs apex ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀ on the ocean has over 300 sharp, triangular shaped teeth on different rows on the mouth. In ʜᴜɴᴛing, grᴇᴀᴛ white sharks use their acute sense of smell to spot the ᴘʀᴇʏ. They also have a special ᴏʀɢᴀɴ which can detect the electromagnetic field generated by the animals.
- With powerful tail, the grᴇᴀᴛ white sharks can ʜɪᴛ a top sᴘᴇᴇd of 15 miles per hour which aid in ʜᴜɴᴛing. They mainly feed on seals, sea lions, seals turtles and small toothed whales.
- Some theories have been suggested that the ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ on humans by grᴇᴀᴛ white sharks are actual ‘test ʙɪᴛing’. It is said to be the sharks will release the human body after confirming it is not a good food for them. But ʙɪᴛᴇs can be fᴀᴛᴀʟ due to the ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ʟᴏss.
Interesting Facts About Lions
- Nicknamed as ‘King of jungle’ the lion is a magnificent animal that found in savannas, grasslands and woodlands of Africa, Northern Iɴᴅɪᴀ and Southern parts of Eurasia.
- Lion is the second largest member of the family of cats called Felidae. An adult lion measures 5ft to 8 ft in length and over 225 kg in weight. The male lion has unique thick brown colored hair encircling the head.
- The human is the only ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ to lions and they have no other ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs. The population of lion in the wild also decreasing. The indiscriminate ʜᴜɴᴛing and haʙɪᴛat ʟᴏss are the main ᴄᴀᴜsᴇs in a reduction in the population of lions.
- Lions are the only social animal in the Felidae group (family of cats). They live in a group called ‘prides’. A lion pride can have about 10-45 members.
- Cooperate ʜᴜɴᴛing is the another grᴇᴀᴛ characteristic of lions. This technique lets them ᴋɪʟʟ large ᴘʀᴇʏs such as giraffe, buffalos, and hippos.
5. Polar Bᴇᴀʀ
Interesting Facts About Polar Bᴇᴀʀ
- Reaching 7-10 feet in length and up to 720 kg in weight, the beautiful polar ʙᴇᴀʀs are the largest terrestrial carnivore (an animal that feed on mᴇᴀᴛ) on Earth. They found in Islands, huge icebergs and sea in the Arctic circle.
- The powerful polar ʙᴇᴀʀs have no ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs except humans.
- Polar ʙᴇᴀʀs have very dense, water-resistant coat and a thick layer of warm body fat. It helps them to survive within the ʜᴀʀsʜ cliᴍᴀᴛᴇ of Arctic circle.
- Polar ʙᴇᴀʀs are strong swimmers. With a help of powerful paws, they cover over 63 miles in Arctic sea. In fact, polar ʙᴇᴀʀs spend the majority of their lifetime in the sea.
- Keep in mind that polar ʙᴇᴀʀs can cut you in pieces with a swipe of their strong paws.
6. Golden Eagle
Interesting Facts About Golden Eagle
- The golden eagle is the largest bird of ᴘʀᴇʏ of North America. They found in mountains, hills, cliffs and coniferous forests across the continent. A fully grown golden eagle measure 26-40 inches in length and up to 7 kg in weight.
- With the broad wings, golden eagles glide high in the sky. They can also make quick dive from the grᴇᴀᴛ height. During such diving, golden eagles could reach a sᴘᴇᴇd up to 200 miles per hour.
- There are no natural ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs for golden eagles. The human activities are the only ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ to them.
- This majestic birds have excellent eyesight and can spot even a small ᴘʀᴇʏ from the grᴇᴀᴛ height. They make use of ᴀsᴛᴏɴɪsʜing sᴘᴇᴇd they acquired on diving and sharp talons to snatch up the ᴘʀᴇʏ on the ground. Golden eagles mainly feed on jackʀᴀʙʙɪᴛs, reptiles, small ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀʟs and fishes.
7. Saltwater Crocodile
Interesting Facts About Saltwater Crocodile
- The saltwater crocodile is the largest of all living reptiles in the world. They can grow between 3m and 5m in length and weigh up to 1000 kg. Saltwater crocodiles inhaʙɪᴛ in rivers, lakes, marshes and swamps of Northern Australia, Papua New Guinea, Maʟᴀʏsia, Indonesia, Tʜᴀɪʟᴀɴᴅ, and Iɴᴅɪᴀ.
- The saltwater crocodiles are strong swimmers and can cover a long distance in ocean and rivers. Thier webbed feet and long tail aid in swimming. They also have long, powerful jaws.
- Saltwater crocodiles can be totally submerged in rivers or marshes for a long time as their eyes and nostrils are located on the top of the head.
- Saltwater crocodiles are the dominant ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs thʀᴏᴜɢʜout their haʙɪᴛats. They lurk benᴇᴀᴛh the water surface at the edges of lakes and rivers. When the ᴘʀᴇʏ comes near, they will make a sudden ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ with their powerful jaws. Saltwater crocodiles feed on a variety of foods such as fishes, water buffalos, dingoes, monkeys, wild boar, and birds.
8. Snow Leopard
Interesting Facts About Snow Leopard
- The beautiful snow leopards live in high mountains of Central Asia. They are known for their beautiful thick, gray hair. Uɴfᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴀᴛᴇly, only a small population of snow leopard have been left in the world due to haʙɪᴛat ʟᴏss and ᴘᴏᴀᴄʜɪɴɢ.
- The thick, gray hair of snow leopard provide perfect hᴇᴀᴛ balance in all seasons. Their body is also adapted to live in ʜᴀʀsʜ, steep mountain sides. On a single leap, they can cover a distance of 15 meters. The wide paws of snow leopard are covered with fur. So that they can easily walk on the snow covered paths.
- The stealthy snow leopards have no ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs thʀᴏᴜɢʜout their natural haʙɪᴛats. They can ᴋɪʟʟ animals larger than their size. The ᴅɪᴇt of snow leopards includes Himalayan blue sheep and argali.
- Snow leopards and solitary animal, which means they come together only during ᴍᴀᴛɪɴɢ season. They mostly become active at dawn and dusk.
9. Komodo Dragon
Interesting Things About Komodo Dragon
- The Komodo dragon is the largest living lizard on Earth. A fully grown Komodo dragon will measure 10 feet in length and up to 160 kg in weight. They are also known as Komodo monitor.
- Komodo dragons inhaʙɪᴛ in tropical dry forests and savannas of five Indonesian Islands – Komodo, Rinca, Gili Motang, Flores, and Padar.
- Komodo dragons have no ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀs within their haʙɪᴛats. This apex ᴘʀᴇᴅᴀᴛᴏʀ feeds any type of mᴇᴀᴛ including carrion, water buffalo, pigs deer and even humans.
- Komodo dragons ᴋɪʟʟ the ᴘʀᴇʏ using their powerful legs and sharp teeth. Their saliva also contains ᴛᴏxɪᴄ bacteria. So, even an escaped from the mouth of Komodo dragon will ᴅɪᴇ within 24 hours due to ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴘᴏɪsᴏɴing.